- This event has passed.
WWA 2020 Annual State Meeting
January 25 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$15 – $25
Scratch your waterfowling itch by coming to Wisconsin Waterfowl Association’s Annual Meeting at Lambeau Field on Saturday, January 25th. You’ll be able to absorb the historic aura of the stadium while learning about Wisconsin Waterfowl happenings! Tours will be offered as well.
The meeting starts at 9 am, and concludes by 3 pm and the day’s agenda includes championship presentations by duck and wetland ecology “coaches”, post-game analysis of WWA’s 2019 accomplishments and pre-game 2020 planning, LUNCH, an opportunity to visit with your Wisconsin Waterfowl teammates and the induction of our 4th Annual Hall of Fame. Lambeau Leaps not included.
Guest speakers include:
- Taylor Finger, WDNR Migratory Game Bird Ecologist – “Wisconsin’s Migratory Game Bird Program Update”. A survey of current regulation updates and new zone options that will affect waterfowlers for years – and maybe the release of Wisconsin’s Waterfowl Management Plan.
- Tracy Hames, Wisconsin Wetland Association’s Executive Director – “Waterfowl, Wetlands, and Watershed Hydrology”. How Wisconsin wetland habitats are increasingly threatened, and what we can do about it.
- Sarah Orlofske, Assistant Professor & Curator of Animal Parasites, University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point – “Waterfowl parasites: The Good, the Bad, and the New”. Just in time for lunch… what’s inside those birds we’re harvesting and what it can tell us about migration trends!
- Peter Ziegler, WWA Habitat Ecologist – “2019 WWA Habitat Restoration Successes”. WWA habitat work performed over the past year and looking ahead!
- Drew Fowler, WDNR Waterfowl and Migratory Game Bird Research Scientist – “Current WDNR Waterfowl Research Topics”. What studies are helping us better understand current challenges in Wisconsin’s Waterfowling ecosystem!
- Other activities and updates:
- Raffles, Silent Auctions
- Group tours of historic Lambeau Field
- WWA Hall of Fame inductions and Volunteer of the Year
- WWA plans for the coming year
You don’t need to be a WWA member to attend, but it will save you $$$$ if you are currently a member, or join prior to attending.
Your entry fee ($15 WWA members/$25 non-members) gets you:
- Access to Lambeau for the meeting
- Attendance at presentations and discussions
- “Team Table” luncheon overlooking the Atrium
- Access to a Lambeau Box for viewing the field after its last use of the 2019-20 season
- A discount on Lambeau group tours if you wish
- One door prize ticket
WWA’s Board of Directors have helped to underwrite the cost of lunch and the Packers have subsidized the cost of the event as well. Associated Bank and Russell Moccasin are also offsetting the cost of this event with their sponsorship. Parking is free and right next to the Atrium entrance! Come celebrate a successful season (waterfowling or the Packers’… or both).
Get your tickets securely online, below – given the extraordinary nature of this event, the low cost, and the limited seating available, we expect to sell out quickly!
Thank you to our 2020 State Meeting Sponsors: