On Thursday, September 17, 2020 at the New Berlin Alehouse in New Berlin, WI, WWA’s West Allis Chapter drew their Early Bird Class A Gun Raffle, Early Bird Surf & Turf Raffle and their Pre-Event Class A Field Hunter Extravaganza Raffle and the lucky winners were:
- The Early Bird Class A Gun Raffle Diamondback DB 15 FDE 300 Blackout Rifle w/ 30 rd. Mag. winner was Dan Everson!
- The Early Bird Surf & Turf Raffle for the Beavertail Final Attack Sneak Boat/Pit Blind with Blind, 2.5 HP Sea Dog Outboard Motor, Field Mallard & Floating Mallard Decoys winner was Mark Faber!
- And the Pre-Event Class A Field Hunter Extravaganza Raffle for the Ameristep Hay House Pack-in Blind, Lucky Duck Canada Goose Flapper and 12 pack Canada Goose decoy Tanglefree Slammer Socks winner was Kris Jungen!
Congratulations, Dan, Mark & Kris, and THANK YOU to everyone who purchased tickets for this raffle to support our mission.
On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at Boxhorn Gun Club in Muskego, WI, WWA’s Waukesha and West Allis Chapters drew the three firearms in their End of World War II 75th Anniversary Raffles and the lucky winners were:
Drawn at 7:20 pm: The Greatest Generation 1911A1 Raffle : Bill Steffen
Drawn at 7:25 pm: 75th Anniversary End of WWII M1 Carbine Raffle : Mike Westover
Drawn at 7:30 pm: End of WWII Tanker Tribute Raffle : Jeremy Garbisch
Congratulations, Bill, Mike & Jeremy, and THANK YOU to everyone who purchased tickets for this raffle to support our mission.
Participants from our Green Bay Chapter’s 2016 LTH.
We’ve just received notice from the DNR that we will unfortunately be required to cancel all of our planned Learn to Hunt (LTH) activities for 2020. The full letter we were sent from DNR may be read here. This means that WWA will not be able to host the LTH’s we had planned for this fall – a very disappointing conclusion, especially in the face of having had the largest number of students signed up in years.
Instead, please take it upon yourself to introduce a friend or wanna-be friend to your waterfowling passion. We will be a richer community for it.
Congratulations to Mason Tait who won the Wisconsin State Duck Calling Contest held Saturday, August 25th at Wern Valley! Mason will represent Wisconsin at the World’s Championship Duck Calling Contest in Stuttgart, Arkansas this November.
Mason Tait, far right, accepts his first place prize from Bruce Ross, Executive Director and Rob Monette, Regional Director
Austin Wendtlandt, far right, accepts his award for winning 2nd place in the Duck Calling Contest
Nick Besasie, far right, accepts his prize for taking home 3rd place in the Duck Calling Contest
Winners of the State Goose Calling Contest pose with Rob Monette, far left & Bruce Ross, far right. Congratulations to (left to right) Jacob Johnson who took first, Mason Tait who took second and Shane Miller who took third.
Congratulations to Logan Meyer who took home first place in the Duck & Goose Youth Calling Contest!
On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at the Beaver Dam Conservationist Club in Beaver Dam, WI, the Wisconsin Waterfowl Association drew their 2020 UTV raffle and the lucky winners were:
- First Prize: Can Am HD 8 UTV and Karavan Trailer: Steven Bessac
- Second Prize: Links Whitetail Safaris 3-day Archery Hunt: Gavin Feucht
- Third Prize: $500 Russell Moccasin Gift Certificate: Scott Boettcher
Congratulations, Steven, Gavin and Scott, and THANK YOU to everyone who purchased tickets for this raffle to support our mission.
Special thanks to raffle sponsors Link’s Wild Safaris and Russell Moccasin Co.; without their support this fundraiser would not have been possible.
Thank you to everyone who participated as a part of our Waukesha County Chapter’s two banquet events held simultaneously on August 27, 2020. Your support, especially at this time, is greatly appreciated and will help us to fulfill our mission of habitat, education and hunter advocacy in Wisconsin. Winners were announced at both event venues and are posted below for those who chose our “Safer at Home” option. All winners have been contacted.
- Kurt Berger won a Ruger 6.5 PRC Rifle for the Table Captain Drawing that included those staying Safer at Home.
- A Guest (#145) of Tim Gosh’s Table won the $250 (previously named tickets for tickets) prize for all those that kept their order with the WWA since March when the banquet was rescheduled due to COVID restrictions.
Thank you again for your support of our Waukesha County Chapter!
On Thursday, August 27th, 2020 at The Golden Mast in Okauchee, WI, WWA’s Waukesha Chapter drew their Early Bird Gun raffle and the lucky winner for the Grand Prize Sig P365 SASC 9mm Pistol Raffle was Andrew Jensen!
Congratulations, Andrew, and THANK YOU to everyone who purchased tickets for this raffle to support our mission.
On Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 at Western Lakes Golf Club in Pewaukee, WI, WWA drew their Fall Habitat Gun raffle and the lucky winner for the Grand Prize TriStar Hunter Mag II Bronze/MO Blades 12ga 3.5″ Mag O/U Shotgun was Ketih Everson.
Congratulations, Keith, and THANK YOU to everyone who purchased tickets for this raffle to support our mission.
Thank you to everyone who joined us on August 22nd for our 21st Annual State Shoot. Raffle prize winners are posted, below. If you won a prize not collected on the day of the shoot please contact Wern Valley to arrange for pickup at 262-968-2400.
On Thursday, August 20th, 2020 at The Columbian in West Bend, WI, WWA’s Midland Wings Chapter drew their Pre-Event Gun raffle and the lucky winners were:
- 1st Prize: Beretta A-300 12ga Walnut Semi-Auto Shotgun : Tracy Staedler
- 2nd Prize: Ruger Super Redhawk SS 44 Mag. Revolver : Doug Klinski
- 3rd Prize: Savage Axis 30-06 Bolt Rifle w/ Scope : John Regan
Congratulations, Tracy, Doug & John, and THANK YOU to everyone who purchased tickets for this raffle to support