Our Decoy Carving Contest and Exhibition has been awarded the International Waterfowl Carvers Association’s (IWCA) “Style” Division Championship competition. All Carvers in the “open” class will be competing for the prestigious Championship IWCA title in Best of Show categories. Check out the IWCA website for rules and requirements.
- To honor the traditions of hand-carved working decoys that have played an important role in water fowling in Wisconsin and throughout much of the United States
- To showcase the decoys of the best carvers in Wisconsin and the United States, providing opportunities to compete, learn, and network for carvers of all levels, from first time competitors to world champions.
- To encourage and influence waterfowlers and artists to continue the practice and art of making hand carved decoys for actual gunning, for competition, and as unique pieces of art.
- To include vendors, displays, and demonstrations at this competition that will initiate participation by Wisconsin hunters, artists, and youth in decoy carving and decoy competitions.
- Identify Wisconsin decoy artists by region, location, and interest, forming a database of talent that can be contacted to assist as judges, instructors/demonstrators, volunteers, committee members, and mentors.
If you are interested in assisting in our Annual Decoy Carving Competition or becoming involved in future competitions please fill out our volunteer form and indicate that you wish to help with the Decoy Carving Competition.
Wildfowl Carving Magazine, the ONLY magazine for bird carvers, prints four collectible issues per year that are stuffed with patterns to bring to your workbench, step-by-step carving demonstrations, painting tutorials, inspiration for both decoratives and decoys, reference articles, carver profiles, and so much more. Learn from our community of experts as they demonstrate the tips and techniques that the world’s best wildfowl carvers use to create award-winning work. Dazzle your friends with your artwork, attract ducks to your blind with hand-made decoys, or create thoughtful gifts that last a lifetime. From waterfowl to raptors, songbirds, and more, you will be inspired by our talented community of carvers and wildfowl enthusiasts.
Want to see the patterns, tips, and inspiration for yourself? Save 50% off a one-year introductory subscription to Wildfowl Carving Magazine by clicking here.