Thank you for your interest in our Decoy Carving Competition. We are excited to announce our 4th annual competition will be held July 31st – August 1st, 2020 at Mead Education Center.
- To honor the traditions of hand-carved working decoys that have played an important role in water fowling in Wisconsin and throughout much of the United States
- To showcase the decoys of the best carvers in Wisconsin and the United States, providing opportunities to compete, learn, and network for carvers of all levels, from first time competitors to world champions.
- To encourage and influence waterfowlers and artists to continue the practice and art of making hand carved decoys for actual gunning, for competition, and as unique pieces of art.
- To include vendors, displays, and demonstrations at this competition that will initiate participation by Wisconsin hunters, artists, and youth in decoy carving and decoy competitions.
- Identify Wisconsin decoy artists by region, location, and interest, forming a database of talent that can be contacted to assist as judges, instructors/demonstrators, volunteers, committee members, and mentors.
If you are interested in assisting in our Annual Decoy Carving Competition or becoming involved in future competitions please fill out our volunteer form and indicate that you wish to help with the Decoy Carving Competition.