WWA remains hopeful that we will be able to host the 5th Annual WWA Decoy Carving Competition and Exhibition in 2021, but much remains outside of our control. In the face of that uncertainty, we are committed to providing you the latest planning information as it develops.
February 10, 2021 Update: Our host venue is currently unable to commit to the event due to unknowable State-level COVID-restrictions in July. We are working closely with them but do not expect to get any significant update until the end of April. At that point will evaluate what makes the most sense for our exhibitors, contestants, and WWA, and update you then. Thank you for your patience.
Should we be able to hold a 2021 Competition, information on what to expect, which will be similar to the planned 2020 contest, can be found below and will be updated in April:
- To honor the traditions of hand-carved working decoys that have played an important role in water fowling in Wisconsin and throughout much of the United States
- To showcase the decoys of the best carvers in Wisconsin and the United States, providing opportunities to compete, learn, and network for carvers of all levels, from first time competitors to world champions.
- To encourage and influence waterfowlers and artists to continue the practice and art of making hand carved decoys for actual gunning, for competition, and as unique pieces of art.
- To include vendors, displays, and demonstrations at this competition that will initiate participation by Wisconsin hunters, artists, and youth in decoy carving and decoy competitions.
- Identify Wisconsin decoy artists by region, location, and interest, forming a database of talent that can be contacted to assist as judges, instructors/demonstrators, volunteers, committee members, and mentors.
If you are interested in assisting in our Annual Decoy Carving Competition or becoming involved in future competitions please fill out our volunteer form and indicate that you wish to help with the Decoy Carving Competition.