2021 Competition Cancelled. We regret to announce, that due to our venue being unable to accommodate the 2021 DCCE due to the State’s continuing COVID restrictions, we are cancelling the 2021 Decoy Carving Competition.
Our 2022 Decoy Carving Competition is scheduled for July 29-30, 2022 and will take place at the Mead Education Center.
Our 2022 contest will be similar to prior year’s contests and detailed information will be added/updated in late winter/early spring 2022:
- To honor the traditions of hand-carved working decoys that have played an important role in water fowling in Wisconsin and throughout much of the United States
- To showcase the decoys of the best carvers in Wisconsin and the United States, providing opportunities to compete, learn, and network for carvers of all levels, from first time competitors to world champions.
- To encourage and influence waterfowlers and artists to continue the practice and art of making hand carved decoys for actual gunning, for competition, and as unique pieces of art.
- To include vendors, displays, and demonstrations at this competition that will initiate participation by Wisconsin hunters, artists, and youth in decoy carving and decoy competitions.
- Identify Wisconsin decoy artists by region, location, and interest, forming a database of talent that can be contacted to assist as judges, instructors/demonstrators, volunteers, committee members, and mentors.
If you are interested in assisting in our Annual Decoy Carving Competition or becoming involved in future competitions please fill out our volunteer form and indicate that you wish to help with the Decoy Carving Competition.